Saturday, September 26, 2009

Schedule II

I have found that the schedule carries over to other areas of life, too. How did Maxine have this figured out? Recently, my husband was complaining about headaches, stomachaches, etc. Well, one of the many majors I studied in college was nursing. I pulled out my old texts and found his symptoms all fell under anxiety and stress. Not surprising when he works in the financial industry. With the chaos of the markets, he has had one heck of a stressful year. Throw in a teenager beginning to date and drive and a younger son wanting his dad to coach every sport he participates in. So, I used Maxine's schedule on him to work some physical and mental stress relieving activities into his busy week. It makes sense. God divided time into days, days into weeks. Schools are set on schedules. My husbands workplace runs on a schedule. Every Monday morning he has a 7 am meeting. This doesn't change week to week. When I ran in a marathon, the only way I was able to build up to 26 miles, was by following a schedule. A certain number of miles on certain days, strength training on certain days, etc. My husband may have thought I was a bit of an optomist about this solving everything, but I think it is working.

Monday: 9:00 devotions and prayer
Tuesday: 6:00 weights 9:00 devotions and prayer
Wednesday: 9:00 devotions and prayer
Thursday: 6:00 weights 9:00 devotions and prayer
Friday: 9:00 devotions and prayer
Saturday: am run 2 miles

No comments: